Marking surgical instruments and tools with unique device identification (UDI) numbers has never been more affordable than with the Roland MPX-90M direct part marking device. Unlike traditional dot peen technology, the MPX-90M is capable of accurately imprinting permanent two-dimensional DataMatrix barcodes as small as 1mm2, on hard metals for product tracking and traceability..
- Designed for direct marking of GS1 DataMatrix barcodes for UDI compliance as directed by the U.S. Food & Drug Administration (FDA)
- Diamond-tipped stylus permanently marks hard materials up to 200 HV, including surgical steel, titanium and aluminium, as well as matte plastics and acrylics
- Bundled METAZA Studio software allows for quick setup of DataMatrix barcodes and QR codes, as well as text, symbols, photos and graphics
- Medically safe marking will not corrode or degrade materials over time
- 30- micron depth assures that barcodes will not be affected by scratches
- Automated head height function ensures proper image placement
- Two different nose cones facilitate marking on flat and curved surfaces
- Ideal for small lot production
The MPX-90M allows medical device manufacturers to quickly imprint large amounts of data in a compact barcode format as small as one square millimetre. Ideal for direct part marking of medical devices, components and surgical instrumentation, the MPX-90M prints on materials ranging from surgical steel, titanium and aluminium to matte plastics and acrylic.